Monday, September 17, 2012

NOTD: China Glaze I'm With the Lifeguard + Sun-Kissed (Summer Neons Collection 2012)

This was my first attempt at sponging my nails. I thought these two would go great together, especially since I have been wanting to use China Glaze's: I'm With the Lifeguard. So pretty!

 
 
I began by applying my base coat, Sally Hansen Hard as Nails (Clear); then painted I'm With the Lifeguard to half of my nails. I let it dry, then took a makeup sponge to the green to create an easier transition. After drying, I took the other side of the makeup sponge and applied (overlapping the green) Sun-Kissed (highlighter yellow) to the middle and tip of the nails. I ended up doing about two layers to make it opaque. Finished off with my top coat (same Sally Hansen clear coat)! So here you have it:
 
 
 
With Flash

Without Flash
 
 
I hope you like this manicure as much as I do!
 
-Jessica



2 comments:

  1. I think China Glaze and Essie are my favorite nail polishes. I keep trying to find a good base coat. I got one free with purchase the other day at ULTA by O.P.I. but it was smooth when it dried, and I always thought base coats were always supposed to be a little tacky when they dried to make the polish stick better. Whathca think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I don't think that is supposed to happen. I am sure some are though. I mostly use a base coat to help prevent my nails from staining (sometimes with darker colors it still stains, but not as bad). It supposedly makes the nail polish go on better. You don't always have to use a polish that is specifically for a base coat. In my NOTD examples I have been using just a clear nail polish (not specifically a top coat or base coat), and it works just fine. I have used specifically a "base coat" but I haven't noticed a difference between the two.

    ReplyDelete