Wednesday, October 3, 2012

FOTD: E.L.F Evil Queen Palette + Mini-Review

Not sure which picture has the best lighting, but as you can tell these were all taken outside.
Face:
Foundation: Revlon Colorstay Whipped in 330 True Beige
Concealer: Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark-Circle-Roller (undereye, the one that has the tint)
Blush: NARS Sin
 
Eyes:
E.L.F eyelid primer (comes with the palette)
Avon Big Color Eye Pencil in Antique Lilac (base)
Narcissistic all over the lid
Vanity in crease (very little color pay off)
Potion in outer corner/crease
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on eye pencil in Crash (lower waterline)
Maybelline The Falsies in Brownish Black 

 This is what the palette looks like: it comes with lashes, 8 eyeshadows (4 day, 4 night shades), Two lip/cheek color pencils, liquid eyeliner, and e.l.f eye primer. Very good value for your money!
 Here are the eye shadows used up close:
From what I used from this palette today (first time using it), I really like it. The colors I used were nicely pigmented (narcissistic needed a base) with the exception of vanity. I did not use one bite (first shade). This is my first time using the e.l.f. eye primer as well. For first time use it was all good. The eye primer creased probably about 6-7 hours later, but so far I have not found an eye primer that works for my oily eyelids (does not crease at all after that amount of time). Overall I think this is a great palette to start, or in my case, a great Disney Collector's item (although I will continue to use the palettes!)! Definitely a great value, as I already mentioned.
 
Future ideas:
-Further in depth reviews of all three limited edition palettes from e.l.f.
-Review comparing all my eye primers I have tried.


-Jessica :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment